Friday, October 2, 2020

A Look Ahead

 It is hard to believe it is the beginning of October! We continue to get into a groove with virtual learning. I'm sure some days are harder for others with your child. I have my moments too. If you ever listen to me teach you probably hear me say "look on your pathway" quite a lot. I am continually trying to get the students to look at their pathway slides and not rely on me for information...all part of becoming responsible and accountable students.  :) 


Curriculum

Math- We moved into Chapter 2 this week: Multiplication Facts and Strategies. We will focus on 2's, 5's, 10's, the distributive property and problem solving skills. We will have a graded assignment on Wednesday. 

ELA- In writing, we will continue to focus on personal narratives. In reading, we will focus on questioning, drawing conclusions and making predictions. We will have a graded assignment covering questioning on Monday. 

Science- We are focusing on food chains including producers, consumers and decomposers. We will have a graded assignment covering food chains on Wednesday or Thursday. 

Social Studies-We will take a break from social studies. 

*I will include the Week At A Glance in your child's Google Classroom on Monday that will include when graded assignments for the week will take place.

1 comment: